Dii Desert Energy: The unique Industrial Initiative
Dii Desert Energy Network: A unique, top level and invitation only alliance
- Strong track record of almost 10 years of successful work in MENA and beyond
- A unique Business Development platform with first hand information, huge database and personal introductions via access to key players at highest level
- A network of networks/think tank as only organization in the market looking at the energy system from a holistic point of view, across technologies and entire value chain
- Pioneering work on generation, transmission and distribution of renewable energy from a system point of view. Desert Power 2050 widely recognized as key milestone. Additional work with Country studies (e.g. 200 page study on energy system in Algeria), localization and others
- Unparalleled relationships in MENA, at top political and corporate decision maker level.
Top level advisory board with industry captains, senior bankers and top level political representatives
- Possibility to participate in Working Groups on topics such as Storage, Desalination, net metering etc.
- Distinguished focus on integration of renewables, international interconnections, various forms of storage from a system point of view and flexible demand.
- ‘Discours’ on emerging topics like the role of hydrogen in an emission-free power system including smart city solutions and topics like solar cooling.
- Communication newsletter for members on working groups, tenders, newsletters etc.
- Dii Desert Energy is regularly initiating studies on infrastructure extensions of common interest in the MENA region. Such extensions will benefit individual countries, their neighbors and eventually entire connected continents as they will allow the integration of up to 100% renewables at lowest costs and full security of supply.
- Key promoters from Europe, Mena and Asia (Innogy, ACWA Power and SGCC)
- Top level advisory board (e.g. DEWA, ACWA Power, senior bankers like Al Baraka Bank, EBRD, etc.)
- Partners are entitled to be listed in Dii’s Who is Who magazine
- Powerful marketing tool Partners project achievements and news will be communicated regularly on social media and Dii’s newsletter.
- Access to unique tools (focusing on to our mission of accelerating more renewables in the MENAT region and overcoming specific hurdles from the market) such as:
1. Dii’s Toolkit Initiative
2. Geographical Information System
3. Dii Project Database
- 10th Dii Desert Energy Leadership Summit will be again platform for shareholders and partners. In addition, partner meetings.
- Network of Networks with well established cooperations, including industry associations, NGO’s, scientific institutions and political organizations.
- Joining this exclusive Alliance is possible upon invitation and is subject to shareholders’ approval
Dii Working Groups
|Energy Storage: - Battery / Storage Technologies||Roland Kaeppner, Thyssenkrupp & Marc Yacoub, Dii|
|Solar Desalination (sun2water)||Thomas Altmann, ACWA Power|
|Energy Storage – Hydrogen as new carrier||Frank Wouters, Dii|
|PV Based Cooling and Cold Storage||Paul van Son, Dii|
|Standardized Financing Initiative for Medium Scale Renewable Energy Transactions||David Short, Dii|
|Industrial/commercial regulatory support||Jeremy Crane, Yellow Door|