Dear Friends of the Renewable Energy Industry,
We can all be proud that our industry initiative is doing very well. The new leading message ‘our Mission: No Emissions’ was applauded at the last Word Future Energy Summit (WFES) in Abu Dhabi. Studies on the integration of RE and grid interconnection and potential extension in the Gulf States have made good progress. Dii has also produced a ‘Toolkit for RE Projects’ and other practical information.
An overview of recent developments in the region and the Dii working fields will be given during the reunion which will take place June 22nd from 16:00 to 21:00 – again at the panoramic rooftop of Vorhoelzer Forum (Arcisstr. 21, 80333 Munich).
Food and drinks will be served while we talk to ‘young and old’ colleagues & Dii friends and enjoy the view to the Alps and over the city.
MENA Hydrogen Alliance
Senior Vice President
Frank Wouters has been leading renewable energy projects, transactions, and technology development for more than 30 years and played a lead role in the development of renewable energy projects all over the world.
He served as Deputy Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) from 2012 to 2014.
Mr. Wouters has served on the board of energy companies in Europe, Asia, the US and Africa and currently serves as:
- Senior Vice President New Energy at Reliance Industries
- Co-President of the Long Duration Energy Storage Council
- Fellow, Payne Institute, Colorado School of Mines
- Chairman of the MENA Hydrogen Alliance
- Chairman of the Dii Advisory Board
- Executive Committee Member of the Ammonia Energy Association
- Non-Executive Board Director of Gore Street Capital, London, and
- Non-Executive Board Director of Vast Solar in Australia.
Frank has authored several books on renewable energy and green hydrogen and lives in Abu Dhabi. He has a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Delft University.